Why Olympic Surge Could Hurt Your BusinessJuly 18th, 2012 by BrightCloud
The London Olympics look set to have a huge impact on businesses in and around the capital plus a major knock on effect in other parts of the country.
In this complimentary Olympic Survival Guide Citrix addresses the issues for companies and reveals opportunities for future change.
What you will learn in this briefing:
- Olympic disruption:The facts
- What do the Olympics mean for your business?
- Plan to get the most out of your strategy
- Making it happen
- Survey findings on the anticipated Impact
- How businesses can survive the Olympics
The other major issue that many companies have not considered is the impact on their networks. Staff watching global events at work have put major pressure on the UK’s networks in the past. The 2008 Beijing opening ceremony saw internet traffic peak at five times the norm and the majority of viewers were business customers watching the event live from the office.
UK research suggests that more than a quarter (28%) of people plan to keep up with events on-line via their laptop, tablet or smart-phone which is likely to cause a significant headache for IT departments up and down the country. Some simple steps could lessen the impact of the Olympics on their bandwidth and network access.
Devise a policy so that staff knows exactly what is acceptable:
- Introduce flexible working schemes
- Position televisions in locations around the office
- Increase the company’s Internet bandwidth
- Ensure network providers can provide the resilience and scalability
- Restrict the bandwidth available to their Internet users
There are ways and means of reducing IT impact and we can show you methods to utilise cloud hosted infrastructure that improves the efficiency, security and cost effectiveness of your IT or should you want to optimise your network or for any other matter then get a complimentary no obligation assessment to help you make the right decision.
For further help just call us on 0870 7709722 or email email@example.com.