Senior ServiceDesk Engineer (EUC)
The successful candidate will join a team that is primarily responsible for administering and supporting our customers’ Office 365 environments and End User computing devices.
The role is responsible for accepting escalations to existing incidents and requests, event management, problem resolution and project work, primarily in an O365/End User Computing environment.
Much of the work required of this position requires investigations into O365, Intune and related technology, owning escalations, problems and projects from an early stage through to completion whilst bearing SLA targets in mind.
Hours and Location
The role is a hybrid role that is primarily home based, but with occasional visits to our office in Daventry. Our Service Desk function must be continuously available during working hours (08:00 – 18:00). The team works on a rota basis (2 x 7.5 hour shifts +1 hr lunch) to ensure relevant cover is always available during these hours.
There is also an Out of Hours rota covering Priority 1 incidents that members of this role will participate in.
One or more of the following Microsoft certifications (in descending order of importance):
- Microsoft Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Information Protection Administrator Associate
Essential Skills & Experience
- 1+ years experience working for a Managed Services Provider specifically delivering O365 services at a 2nd/3rd line level
- Strong knowledge of:
- Microsoft desktop solutions (Windows & MS Office)
- Networking concepts and the ability to troubleshoot in the context of O365
- Mobile devices (in the context of troubleshooting Wi-Fi/business apps/etc.)
- Anti-virus solutions such as BitDefender/Microsoft Defender
- A good grasp on best practices in IT and an understanding and respect for ITIL principles and change control
- Previous experience in mentoring more junior colleagues would be advantageous
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave, rising with service
- Health Cash Plan
- Paid training scheme (including time off for training)